This is a pictorial log of my attempt to lower a Taurox and in doing so improve the overall look of the model (if that is possible). If you haven't checked out Part One, please do so here.
As a refresher, the dodgy photo-shopped image on the left is my target and the original is on the right.
In part one I tackled the fount tracks and now I was up to the back tracks. I wanted to raise these higher so they were in line with my cut down front tracks. To start with I cut the back 'gear box' section out (as I did on the front).
On to the side panels...
|This is how the side panel looks normally.|
|I was going to have to cut this guard off to so the tracks could sit higher.|
|Looking form the inside|
|And all cut!|
Next I needed to cut out part of the side panel to remount the guard higher up.
|Here it is blue tacked in place.|
|The distance between the track and guard looked about right.|
|Looking from the inside.|
|The other side done.|
I needed to fill in the gap so I cut two pieces of plastic sheet to the right shape. It was a tough call whether to mount the sheet on the inside or outside. In the end I decided on the outside because they would be hidden by the tacks. This meant I didn't cover up the inside detail as well.
With the sheet cut and glued the rest of the build was pretty standard.
Here it is partly built. Most of the parts are just sitting in place so that I could see the overall shape of my new look Taurox.
|It still needs all its guns, accessories and turret/missals rack.|
|The track haven't been glued in which is why they are sitting crooked.|
Checking against my photo-shopped plans, I have managed to come pretty close.
And the originals to judge the difference:
There is obviously still more to do on it but that is the basic build and conversion work done!